League of Legends Corner
Please log in to enjoy the full features of this forum!

Thoughts about Nasus

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thoughts about Nasus

Post by Drenthe on Mon Jan 17 2011, 04:24

So, I've been thinking about Nasus lately. He popped up into my mind, cause I was looking for a new champion, and I really like tanky supports (Morgana, Singed). So, my question is, is he a viable pick in Lower ELO? And what exactly is his role, what should he do in a teamfight? Cause I don't really see him a lot, and have troubles figuring it out Smile

Thanks in advance!
Drenthe
Well Known
Well Known

Forum Points : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts about Nasus

Post by LolJesusIsDead on Mon Jan 17 2011, 05:10

In low elo i used to play nasus as a DPS getting trinity force/frozen mallet etc because if you farm up on mobs with his Q you will hit like a truck.
LolJesusIsDead

Forum Points : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaco on Mon Jan 17 2011, 05:19

Above is wrong.

Low elo = tough dps.
High elo = viable but only as anti carry.

(Trinity yes, mallet later as late game item.

Sheen+aegis+atma's+survival (BV or sunfire, aswell as randuins)

He's like Mundo. Get a solo lane if possible.

Shaco
Famous
Famous

Forum Points : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahbek er Gud on Mon Jan 17 2011, 05:34

His role is as beefy dps/some damage soaking.

I normally build him:

Dorans shield > boots of speed > sheen > trinity force > boots of swiftness (simply to catch up with carries) > Frozen mallet (if the games going good, else this is behind some tank item of your choice) > 2 tanky items, preferably one warmogs (else something with giants belt) > atmas impaler (hence the warmogs)

Spells:

As I do go for BoS I normally get Cleanse to compensate.
Flash is always useful. Need a surprise gap close to get a q whack? need to get away over a wall? Need to get in the middle of their group quickly? (this is fun, an ulting Nasus jumping from nowhere is a moral shaker Razz)

Runes:

blue: manaregen (really important early on)
Red: armor penetration (important if jungling)
Yellow: whatever you want, dodge or more mana regen or w/e
Quints: 3xflathp = 97 extra hp (important in the beginning aswell)

The blues and quints are essentiel to holding the 1v2 lane, or atleast you can take much tougher lane opponents on, than you normally would.

By now you should have about 4000 hp base (4600 with ult) but still doing ~ 300 dmg (without q) per whack. (As he is a godly farmer, it is realistic to get this within 45-55 minutes if the games going ok)

Your job is to run in after your main tank, with ult on (up to 240 dmg per sec), putting a E underneath as many as possibly and then just run for the squishies (whack them for ½ life with one whack every 4 seconds) which have to break formation or have their tanks take care of you, both achieves you being a major pain in their ass and letting your squishies make the kills.

If there is a 1v2 lane in the beginning Nasus is more than capable of taking it, thus letting him farm his q, which really determines you lategame usage. Get atleast 100 when the ganking phase is on it's height, and about 150-200 at end game. (DON'T be afraid to just autoattack minions whenever you can to heal from your passives lifesteal, but don't push the lane (easy as them being 2 are normally the ones pushing if any))
Just use it WHENEVER you whack ANYTHING to maximize it.

If going dual lane, use your ult to your advantage. Take blue buff at lvl 6 with ult and then take dragon when ult is up again and the lane allows it ( around lvl 8 )

Questions? Feel free to ask Smile

Spammer
Spammer

Forum Points : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaco on Mon Jan 17 2011, 06:48

Sorry to disagree with you Rahbek but you're way too squishy.
Rushing Trinity Force should only be done after you got survivability, as you will just get kited.

Your item choice is also pretty bad considering you're getting atma's way too late.

Nasus should always be on solo lane, in the jungle you won't get as many last hits as on a lane so jungling would be quite bad endgame.
Shaco
Famous
Famous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahbek er Gud on Mon Jan 17 2011, 06:56

Shaco wrote:Sorry to disagree with you Rahbek but you're way too squishy.
Rushing Trinity Force should only be done after you got survivability, as you will just get kited.

Your item choice is also pretty bad considering you're getting atma's way too late.

Nasus should always be on solo lane, in the jungle you won't get as many last hits as on a lane so jungling would be quite bad endgame.

np Razz

Atma's might be pushed forward, and maybe trinity postponed a little. But sheen is a must quickly. This is standard, but it is changed somewhat according to whoever I'm facing. I prefer to get trinity finished quick if the game allows it, as the extra movement speed and other stuff is very usefull overall.
Squishiness is normally not a problem, as I can get some mr before anyone gets serious nasus killing potential ie. a bloodrazor.

The paramount of playing Nasus is really to be quick to get your build in place, which should (thx to sololane) be atleast as quick as a carry, depending on if they get fed early on Smile

I agree that he's not a very good jungler seen in that aspect, you need to be quite controling and really know what you do to not gimp yourself.

Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaco on Mon Jan 17 2011, 07:07

Nasus should be builded as Mundo/Olaf, tough dps.

Sheen is fine for damage, after that get atma's because even with your ultimate on it gives insane damage.

Runes I'd suggest crit chance marks aswell as one crit chance quint.
Since basic damage from attack can crit with your siphon strike, atma's will grant you ~33% crit chance.

Could say more but then I would rather just make a guide.
Shaco
Famous
Famous

Back to top Go down

Post by Drenthe on Mon Jan 17 2011, 07:50

Wow, you guys are awesome! I'm gonna read all the interesting replies now Very Happy
Drenthe
Well Known
Well Known

Back to top Go down

Post by TunaKiller6 on Mon Jan 17 2011, 07:59

He is awesome. He is more of a support champion and works as a great offtank, mixed with some dps. I usually take ghost and cleanse, as both spells are really good. I take Doran shield and either a blue or red pot - blue is usually better, since you will farm alot, and the mana is useful. I usually build Sheen first, depending on the enemies Mercury or Swiftness (Nasus is fairly slow, so they work really well). After Sheen I get Banshee and Aegis. At this point you should be quite tanky, and after that it is situational. I normally finish Trinity and get some AP afterwards.

Wither is soooo epic. However, it is totally destroyed my Merc treads since the biggest slow occurs in the ending part, which is cut off by Mercs, so watch out. In the beggining it is good to play defensively and faaaarm up your Q. Remember, at level 3 Spirit Fire you get caster minions to about 20 hp, so you can get Q last hits easily.

I love Nasus, and I own Pharaoh skin. Awesome. Feel free to add me ingame (same name), I can fill you up with more info Smile
TunaKiller6
Dedicated Forumer
Dedicated Forumer

Forum Points : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahbek er Gud on Mon Jan 17 2011, 09:26

TunaKiller6 wrote:He is awesome. He is more of a support champion and works as a great offtank, mixed with some dps. I usually take ghost and cleanse, as both spells are really good. I take Doran shield and either a blue or red pot - blue is usually better, since you will farm alot, and the mana is useful. I usually build Sheen first, depending on the enemies Mercury or Swiftness (Nasus is fairly slow, so they work really well). After Sheen I get Banshee and Aegis. At this point you should be quite tanky, and after that it is situational. I normally finish Trinity and get some AP afterwards.

Wither is soooo epic. However, it is totally destroyed my Merc treads since the biggest slow occurs in the ending part, which is cut off by Mercs, so watch out. In the beggining it is good to play defensively and faaaarm up your Q. Remember, at level 3 Spirit Fire you get caster minions to about 20 hp, so you can get Q last hits easily.

I love Nasus, and I own Pharaoh skin. Awesome. Feel free to add me ingame (same name), I can fill you up with more info Smile

Which is why BoS is very important, Nasus is pretty ignorable if he can't get to you Razz

Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Drenthe on Mon Jan 17 2011, 11:58

You guys convinced me, I'm definetely gonna get Nasus Very Happy That will especially nice when his little brother is released, I'ma have so much fun xD The only thing that worries my a little is that you have to be good at farming... I'll have to practice that. Thanks for all the item builds and advices everyone! Very Happy
Drenthe
Well Known
Well Known

Back to top Go down

Post by TunaKiller6 on Mon Jan 17 2011, 13:21

Drenthe wrote:You guys convinced me, I'm definetely gonna get Nasus Very Happy That will especially nice when his little brother is released, I'ma have so much fun xD The only thing that worries my a little is that you have to be good at farming... I'll have to practice that. Thanks for all the item builds and advices everyone! Very Happy

The farming part is pretty much the easiest one. Spirit fire is really great. Remember as I said - you can either choose to keep SF at level 3 for some easy lasthits on low hp minion, to buff up your Q, or you can level it more to kill the caster minions. You just need a bit of timing to kill them with Siphoning strike and get the last hit before they die of the fire. I usually put 1 point into SS in in the beggining, you dont need the extra damage, so level it last. Level SF to 3, and also level up Wither. It is one of the best slows in the game, use it on a carry and they are screwed, as it also reduces attack speed by the same amount as movement speed, which is a LOT. And remember, enemies usually run when you ghost / flash into the middle of the fight with your ultimate on. Also, always drop Spirit Fire in teamfights - not only that it deals some damage, but it reduces armor a lot too.

I wish you best luck with Nasus, as he is a very powerful champion, however he is also very underestimated. Use that to your advantage.
TunaKiller6
Dedicated Forumer
Dedicated Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by RuiMilk on Mon Jan 17 2011, 14:34

Nasus is awesome.
Trinity is a must have for sure. But anyway... I agree with Dcake, should only be done after you get survivability items. He's really really squishy @ early / mid.
Rush sheen if your solo'ing lane so you can raise you Q skill damage fast.

@ end game Nasus is probably one of the best champions in-game if played correctly.

Regards
RuiMilk
Dedicated Forumer
Dedicated Forumer

Forum Points : 25

http://www.facebook.com/r.pedro.leite

Back to top Go down

Post by Drenthe on Mon Jan 17 2011, 14:38

Oh yeah, one more question: Nasus on TT, Go or No-Go? I think No-Go, because it takes time to farm up your Q, and his ult isn't that effective against 3 enemies.
Drenthe
Well Known
Well Known

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahbek er Gud on Mon Jan 17 2011, 14:45

Drenthe wrote:Oh yeah, one more question: Nasus on TT, Go or No-Go? I think No-Go, because it takes time to farm up your Q, and his ult isn't that effective against 3 enemies.

Yeah; he's better on SR.

Haven't tried him in TT more than a couple of times though, but I felt a little gimped against all those trynds and Mundos.

He's quite team reliant to really maximize his potential Smile

Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TunaKiller6 on Mon Jan 17 2011, 15:23

He isnt bad imho. He can hold bot easily when your ally is dead / base, and the slow is very crippling here, since there are small corridors and the enemy has a hard time running away from you.
TunaKiller6
Dedicated Forumer
Dedicated Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolkers on Mon Jan 17 2011, 15:51

You guys are making me wanna buy nasus... stop! I need money for rammus Dx

Current ELO: 1360. Solo-Q.
Mains: Mundo, Ashe, Nunu, Olaf.

Lolkers
Admin
Admin

Forum Points : 100012

http://eulol.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahbek er Gud on Tue Jan 18 2011, 01:24

Lolkers wrote:You guys are making me wanna buy nasus... stop! I need money for rammus Dx

He's great too.

But really. That dog is great fun to play; and I sincerely like the new buffs. All is welcome for tha dawg Very Happy

Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Drenthe on Tue Jan 18 2011, 01:27

What buffs? :O
Drenthe
Well Known
Well Known

Back to top Go down

Post by =JD= Crampus on Tue Jan 18 2011, 03:23

He gets +3 per kill on Q, instead of +2. Huge buff! Smile
=JD= Crampus

Forum Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahbek er Gud on Tue Jan 18 2011, 05:05

=JD= Crampus wrote:He gets +3 per kill on Q, instead of +2. Huge buff! Smile

and 5 more base movement speed Smile

Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Drenthe on Tue Jan 18 2011, 05:30

5 more base movement speed.... FUCK YEAH.
Drenthe
Well Known
Well Known

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolkers on Tue Jan 18 2011, 05:38

^matters more than you think ^^

Current ELO: 1360. Solo-Q.
Mains: Mundo, Ashe, Nunu, Olaf.

Lolkers
Admin
Admin

Forum Points : 100012

http://eulol.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahbek er Gud on Tue Jan 18 2011, 06:41

Drenthe wrote:5 more base movement speed.... FUCK YEAH.

As he is quite reliant on catching up (as all melees) and have no sort of dash it is very nice for him. Especially if the guy you want to crack the skull on has mercs Wink

Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiv on Tue Jan 18 2011, 23:00

Even if they do have mercs his wither is still an extremely powerful slow.

Nasus is extremely viable on 3v3; is that mundo or tryndamere chopping up your carry? Wither. If they have merc treads? Then they dont have beserkers greaves, and its still a 3.5 second slow to attack speed and movement. (you should max this first against 1 or more AD carry on 3v3)

I think the new SS buff to nasus will be good. 3 instead of 2 is a 50% increase on his Q and thats a hefty wallop to whoever your hitting.

Might go back to maining him. If i dont like renekton.

daveiv
Dedicated Forumer
Dedicated Forumer

Forum Points : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top